I'm not saying that these people got what they deserved in any way. But these deaths were preventable. I feel so sad for the family and friends of these 2 people.
Heat cramps,heat exhaustion and heat stroke are all serious issues that we face here in Tucson. Dehydration is huge and you really need to stay well hydrated here in the summer months and heed the warnings of being outside. Here are a few tips to spending summer in Tucson, Arizona.
1)10-2pm are the worst times to be outside here. Of course thats when most folks go outside to the pool or whatever.
2) Sunblock should be applied every 2 hours and 20 min. prior to going outside in the sun.
3) If you think you have enough water go back and get more.
4) Don't wait until you are thirsty to ingest fluids. By the time you're thirsty, the dehydration process has begun.
5) Wear light-colored loose fitting clothing.
6) Wear a hat.
7) Take water to the pool with you and have it at the deck so you may continue to drink fluids.You definitely don't want to drink what you're in.
8) If you stop sweating, get inside or at least into the shade. Try to cool your body down with ice packs or anything you can. Call 911! NOW!
There shouldn't be any of this sadness.
Please stay safe in the heat or any where else for that matter.
Peace out & keep dancing